Hit enter to search or ESC to close
Asset Management Development Analyst
Longfellow Real Estate Partners acquires, develops and manages life science real estate for leading universities, institutions and companies. Our institutional capabilities and entrepreneurial vision enable us to deliver high quality projects while satisfying each tenant’s unique requirements.
Longfellow is a collaborative and highly entrepreneurial organization. The firm has grown from a small start up to a 160+ person organization with over $3 billion in AUM. We pride ourselves on a shared work ethic and a focus on accomplishing collective objectives. Longfellow strives to develop deep and lasting relationships internally within our team and externally with our investors, clients and vendors through a shared vision and values.
Longfellow is experiencing considerable growth as we continue to expand our footprint beyond our existing operations in Boston, North Carolina and California. Longfellow is currently investing on behalf of Longfellow Strategic Value Fund, a $500 million perpetual-life vehicle. This fund is the first in a series with total commitments of $2 billion. With the fund we are actively expanding to the West Coast and with our existing operations. Currently we’re looking for a collaborative and entrepreneurial individual to join Longfellow. We envision considerable opportunity for advancement as our organization expands. We believe in developing talent and providing resources for health, wellness and quality of life.
Our clients are visionary institutions and companies pushing the boundaries of human knowledge. We approach our work in the same manner in order to serve them. We embrace the benefits of rapidly evolving technology and expect that our team will thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment.
We are seeking to hire an analyst with a background in commercial real estate. The ideal candidate must have strong work ethic, great attention to detail, and the highest level of integrity.
This is a dynamic role that will report directly to the Director – Asset Management, Development and collaborate on a daily basis with our development, asset management and design and construction teams. The position provides exposure to a full spectrum of duties within a fast-growing real estate development and management firm. As such, the position demands a dedicated individual with leadership skills, facility with numbers, good people skills and the ability to prioritize, multi-task, work independently and solve problems.
• Work with the development team, in establishing and executing a joint vision and strategy for the successful execution of development projects;
• Track development spend and ensure compliance with budget;
• Analyze lease deals and ensure compliance with investor and lender requirements;
• Attend weekly leasing meetings with 3rd party brokerage teams;
• Analyze budget changes in the development model as projects progress;
• Complete monthly, quarterly and annual investor reporting;
• Review consultant and contractor payment applications, including review of invoices for conformance with contract documents;
• Prepare investment memoranda to be presented to Investment Committee and investors for approval of any changes to the development plan
• Assist on various ad hoc projects that arise;
• Some travel required
We are looking for a passionate team player with grit, high integrity and a honed attention to detail. In addition, we expect that your life outside of work is as important as your career and that you are driven to succeed in both.
• Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in real estate;
• Undergraduate degree;
• Individual should possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Experience in ground up development and construction (a plus);
• Must possess strong analytical skills and be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel;
• Experience with Argus Enterprise and real estate accounting systems (Yardi a plus);
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with strong organizational skills;
• Detail oriented with independent work ethic;